Trying to make a script that plays 2 sounds then gives inventory item to owner

Bedlam Ansome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Exactly the way you have just described it.  The only trick at all is that you have to allow some time between each of the actions.  That means the first sound can be triggered in the touch_start event but the second sound and the llGiveInventory and the llRemoveInventory have to be in a timer event.  You may want to add bells and whistles to prevent spam clicking on your vendor and to be sure that the gift goes to the right person, but those are aside from the basic script.

We don't provide completed scripts in this forum, so I'm assuming that's enough to get you started.

llSetSoundQueueing is a good idea. It can smooth the transition between sounds, especially if you deliberately trigger the second sound before the first one is due to finish.  In a case like this, though, where you'll have to trigger a timer event to delay the llGiveInventory step anyway, I don't think you really gain anything by using llSetSoundQueueing to do the work of the timer.  I'd just let the timer trigger everything after the first sound.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.