Too Rez or not to Rez that is the question

Sari6t

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So my Tardis scripting journey is nearing an end....yay. Only a couple thing left to sort and this is one.

I have a Tardis that rezzes around me when I teleport. It works great and I was so proud for a minute lol

Then from inside the Tardis I teleported back to the console room and.......oh man....it rezzed again. Of course it would though right. How does the script know where I am and what to do. 

So, this is where I am stuck. I'm not sure what the approach is to tell it not to rez when I am in the comsole gateway but to rez anywhere else.

I was thinking that somekind of   " if (Im at home then dont rez) type thing is it , but what shoud that be? llGetRegion and llGetPos, seems logical, or maybe use a vector console; and say if console == <xxx.xxx.xxx> or something. 

Im really jsut not sure. Here is the code so far maybe you can help?

//Rez the tardis on Teleport 
string object = "Tardis V1.06";//Object in inventory
integer start_param = 10;
rotation rot;
vector home_console ;  // Dont rez if you are TP to home console coordinates

//////////// THINGS TO ADD ////////////
/*
        1. Don't rez if I have teleported back to the console room
        2. Hide the avatar in the ground for x time on teleport until exterior has rezzed. Just needs to be a guess

*/

{
    state_entry()
    {

llPreloadSound("88cf9fd3-5343-382d-5264-902b4554fba1");//This loads the sounds into all in range viewers and cuts delay between sounds.
        llPreloadSound("806276be-cad8-d075-31c3-2a59be4e6ae8");//All sound parameters can be the name of a sound in the prim's inventory or a UUID of a sound"); 

rot = llEuler2Rot(< 0, 90, 90> * DEG_TO_RAD);
    }
    changed (integer change)
    {
      if(change & CHANGED_TELEPORT) // If I TP somewhere do the next thing

//     if (I've TP'd back to the console then don't do it )  IF ONLY CODE WAS THAT EASY FOR ME 

{
        llSetSoundQueueing(TRUE); // Queue the music, sadly this sucks, only sort of works sometimes
        llPlaySound("87cf9fd4-5343-382d-5264-902b4554fba1", 0.5);
        llPlaySound("806376ce-cad8-d075-31c3-2a59be4e6ae8", 0.5);

llRezObject("Tardis V1.06", llGetPos() + <0.0, 0.0, 0.725>*llGetRot(), ZERO_VECTOR,llGetRot() * llEuler2Rot( <0.0, 0.0, 180.0> * DEG_TO_RAD ), 0);  //Rez the thing and face the doors...working :)

// Then we tell the tardis to fire off the script inside to fade and glow in , when it feel s like working
          llRegionSay(77,"show");  // this doesnt always fire properly. Try using the STATE TIMER

}
    }
}

Too funny , thats what my wiki was open too when I got this message.

Would it be possible to combine that with say a llGetPos , if I have that right, to add a height restriction. 

for example.

IF the REGION is MYREGION

and the vertical height is over 1000M then dont rez 

or something like that. I'll see what I can do with that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.