Texture pop up on screen while people wear object.

sgtmarkoes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI there.

OK first things first to explain it what I want or if it's posible.

I'm making a invitation for an event, When I'm done with that, I want to make the texture an object, and when the object is sended to the people, and the click on wear, the texture will pop up on the screen, like maybe fade in or something like that.

so my question is, is that posible and also how much wil it cost for someone to make a script for me that will trigger the texture pop up on screen etc ?

Best regards SgtMarkoes

Sure it's possible.  Just texture a prim in the right proportions and take it into your inventory.  Click it and select ATTACH HUD and you'll get a flyout menu with your choices of screen location.  Generally Center is the best choice for this. 

If you have more than one page you can get a book script that allows page turning, and build the book according to it's directions, or a slide show script.  If you use a slide show be sure to alter the script to make the pages show long enough for it to rez for people.  Both book scripts and slide show scripts are available in script libraries, here in the forum, in the SL Wiki, and in world.  You'll also find them on the MP.  Some are free other's you have to pay for.

You might also consider the texture to be a poster and get a script that gives a folder on touch or when rezzed that gives a landmark and a notecard with full details.  Some people even have their invitations play sounds or emit appropriate particles.  Scripts for this are also available in script libraries or on MP.

If working with scripts is not something you know how to do, you can hire a scripter for a custom script, hire a builder to make one to your specs using existing scripts, or even go to one of the companies that make invitations.  How much it will cost depends on how elaborate the job is, how long it will take and the quality of work the person does.  Keep in mind that a $1US is worth about $260L's now.  Don't expect anyone to work for RL pennies on the hour.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.