Stringing and Looping Sounds

Aylin Moonshadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Rolig, I think RaeLee's being plagued by hovertext that was set by a previous script.

RaeLee, add this line to the entry point of your script and it'll vaporize the hovertext...

llSetText("",<0,0,0>,0);

That line displays a transparent, empty string, which is a fancy way of saying nothing.

You can remove the line after the script executes the first time, or just leave it there, or put it in a standalone script that you can use to remove hovertext from any prim.

• Like 1

That's exactly it, thank you Madeline and Rolig; yes it was applied to a previous project I'd shelved a while back. I came across this script yesterday and thought I'd give it a shot. The hovertext problem was left over from a previous script I used and I couldn't seem to shake it so I gave up. Thanks to the advice here I now have it working. A huge thanks too for the quick responses! Cheers :)

• 1 year later...

hi i read the whole thread, and tried this script and it works fine, but now here's a new twist lol .... I want to use it as a HUD, which I already made, and i can hear the sequence of sounds, they loop good, it stops when I press it, etc. .... But now I need others to hear it. Can you help please ?

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

I read it all this post and i have a question:

If we use this script in a HUD, this script plays all over the SIM or just some range using llTriggerSound?

Btw what range are we talking about (+-)?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

The same rules apply here that apply anywhere else in SL.  Any sound is loudest when you are close to the generator.  Volume drops off as the inverse square of your distance from the generator and is always proportional to whatever was set as its initial volume in the script.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.