Simulate a user action

ButterManner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I understand the question correctly, the answer is No.  If you have a scripted object that expects you to touch it to get a response, you have to touch it.  If it's going to generate a dialog menu for you to pick options from, you have to actually get the dialog menu on your screen and pick the option.

If you scripted the object yourself, then you could of course build in alternative paths.  For example, add a listen event that you lets you give commands in chat that have the same effect as touching the object or making a menu selection. If you're trying to break into someone else's script and hijack its functions, though, no.  The only option is to remove or deactivate the script and replace it with one of your own.

Aren't dialogs just predetermined messages shown via UI, and sent to a "hidden" channel by the viewer?

I say "hidden" because the channel is actually communicated to the viewer and it can be snooped. (Not via scripts though.)

If you receive a script dialog and you know the channel, you don't have to click the buttons. You can manually type the message.

Although, in the end, this does not help you script something that would call a dialog from another script and detect what messages can be sent.

Unless the scripter is a bit of an amateur, "snooping" the channel that the dialog is using will be a big challenge.  Not impossible, but hardly worth the effort.  I generally assign a new random channel every time I open a dialog, or at least for every new user. Even using only the range of negative channel numbers available, that still means you'd have to figure out which one of 2,147,483,648 channels I'm using at the moment.  So yes, theoretically, if you could figure out which channel was being used, you could spoof it.  You are right that "in the end, this does not help you script something that would call a dialog from another script and detect what messages can be sent."  ;)

I suppose that depends on how you measure success.  As I suggested, your option now is to write your own script to replace the one that's in the object.  If it's important enough to you, this might be a worthy challenge.  Think what a success you'd feel if you did it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.