Scripter needed - stream changer on a different sim

Yanik Lytton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

not sure if I am on the right forum, but i cannot seem to even found out if what i'm looking for is possible.

Right now, I have a jukebox where the club DJ can change the stream on the parcel when they start their set. A simple menu loads the stream in the about land.

Also, a second script sends a sim wide message, and receivers on some parcels will change the stream there. It's only sent when someone changes a stream on the club parcel, using the jukebox menu. 

Would it be possible that the message be sent grid wide, so it can change the stream on another sim, when a DJ changes it at the club? I'm willing to hire someone that could script that.

You could certainly send a message from one region to another by using HTTP messaging.  Activating the stream might be a little tricky but not impossible, especially if you were activating from a list of presets.  This is not the place to look for a scripter to hire, though.  You'll want to post in the InWorld Employment forum.

Shouldn`t be to hard.

Have a media changer prim on parcels grid wide that apon rezzing registers to a database.
Have the main script at your place send a command out to the external page/database that in turn forwards the new url to the media prims using http_in for each registerd copy.

Tada, grid wide media changer :matte-motes-nerdy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.