Scaling permissions in LSL?

IndigoIcarus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there. IndigoIcarus here as curious as ever. I was wondering if there was a way I could pull of a little idea I had recently.

To save room, (granted it won't save prims I know that's impossible ^^') I was thinking of a micro cube world thing where 
Player A Interacts with Cube world A

Player A is then scaled down to a very low variable to quite literally fit inside this tiny box. Like a house you've built then just shrunken down. 
Think like... A shrink ray. Maybe a HUD object is detected somewhere between to help along the process.

Player A interacts > Cube detects HUD object > Player is then asked if shrinking is allowed > Shrinking/Teleporting inside the home is then performed. 
To go the extra mile, perhaps a bound detection outside this microthing so when HUD Object is outside of a specific set of coordinates, the player's size is returned to normal. (the hud of course saving these values before hand)

Player A interacts > cube dectects HUD object > Player is then asked for shrink > Shrink / TP happens > If player leaves, HUD object is told to check location > If location is outside of (XYZ1) - (XYZ2) then undo scaling.

I'm a TOTAL noob with LSL, but I could figure out most of that on my own. What I'd really need to know, if this is even possible knowing that objects without modify perms wouldn't be scaled down. Is there a trigger or call I can use to bypass this and shrink the player down IF they have the HUD Object attatched? Like... I can see this being horribly misused, hence the HUD object for safety reasons. ^^'

If anyone has thoughts on this I'd appreciate it!! ^o^ Thanks much! 

-ii

Right, as Rolig mentioned. There's no LSL function s to shrink an avatar. Even scaling down in the sliders for a shape won't get you very far if say you want to scale an avatar down to fit inside a dollhouse. The best thing I can think of is some way of simulating it by teleporting them to a skybox that simulates them being teleported and shrank to fit inside the cube. However if you want it to look like the avatars outside the cube are still there and full size, that won't be possible

Yeah, you might be able to just ignore the "real" avatar and create a whole separate little "doll" that moved around with the viewer controls, which would remove all the nasty physics that seem just insurmountable if the "real" avatar is involved at all.

Unfortunately, though, there'd still be the problem of making the camera behave, and slaving it to the "doll" would be I think impossible to move smoothly: I'd expect to use a constant stream of server-to-viewer updates of cam location and focus because I doubt there's any way for the viewer's built-in cam logic to deal with dollhouse dimensions (but I could be wrong).

[ETA: Although... the OP may not know about Tiny or Petite avatars... playing around with a demo of one of those might illustrate where the problems arise.]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.