Save/Give items across grid.

thimblemunch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello again, I am a bit confused about something and it's hard to explain so keep with me here.

I have a box that I can drop an item in and it will read the items name and key. I want to be able to save that item and send it to others when they click it.

Do I need to save the items in a object on my land and distribute them that way, or is it possible with just using keys and a database?

I don't really have much script for example cause I'm asking how to go about doing it.

Thanks!

hello,

normally llgiveinventory should work on the whole grid to send toward avi.

I've a similar issue but to address items to object.

I used llgiveinventory within the same sim, the sender object sent correctly the item toward the receiving object. I tried to set one object in a sim, and the other on other sim... it does not work without messaging.

So, aiming to simulate caravans between sims would like to send items from mesh animal i script to corresponding receiver mesh animal in the grid.

I used correctly the receiver UUID as destination... but llgiveinventory does not allow outside sim.

Is there a way to do it?

ty

That's right.  llGiveInventory between objects will only work if both objects are in the same region.  The only solution is to establish a giver object on each region that you expect to visit and then send a triggering message to the region where your receiving object is at the moment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.