SLDB DataBase

Daryl Carter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am attempting to install the SKDB Web Server Data Base developed by Luc Aubret.

I have followed the instructions provided but when the LSL script executes it yields an Error 500 - Internal Server Error.

How do I debug such a system? I am not looking for sophisticated debug capabilities, being able to insert echo statemets into the PHP scripts would be sufficient I think. But how can I direct the echo output to my desktop pc?

Thank you for your responde Freya.  You said:

"HTTP status 500 is a server-level error, the output page is malformed and could not be served"

Does that mean something was wrong with the llHttRequest and nothing was sent to the intended destination?

That is the problem is with  the lsl script generating the llHttpRequest and not one of the php scripts on the web server?

Daryl Carter wrote:

Does that mean something was wrong with the llHttRequest and nothing was sent to the intended destination?

That is the problem is with  the lsl script generating the llHttpRequest and not one of the php scripts on the web server?

The implication is that the error is with the scripts on the server (often it's a syntax or compilation error), but it's not definitive from the status code.

My typical debugging strategy here is to cut-out chunks of code at a time and see what works and what doesn't. If you get a status that isn't 500, then something you've cut-out is probably the culprit. It need only be one thing that's not working.

In ASP.NET (for example, because I'm not so fluent in php these days), failing to finish an if statement correctly is enough to cause 500 errors.

The big problem with the SLDB database is that it's old and obsolete !.

Luc Aubret wrote SLDB in 2009 and used the MySQL extension to connect to the database.

However, the MySQL extension was deprecated in 2012 and replaced with a new extension called MySQLi.

w3schools.com has a very good tutoral on accessing databases with PHP.

http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_mysql_intro.asp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.