Rotation of multiple linksets.

MrBobbins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi folks, I'm trying to get my head round rotations and got the basics + a wee bit more solved with trial and error, but now on the 3rd day of trying snippets, changing and throwing tantrums am in a wee bit need of help. I want to make a horrific mixer type device. Where the central pont will be Cylinder, which will rotate either clockwise or anti-clockwise, doesn't matter. On top of this cynlinder, will be two cubes stretched out, axis meeting directly central to the main cylinder. This bit is fine, easy peasy for me. Now the tricky part, on the end of each of these stretched cubes, I have another cylinder coming down, into a little bundle of prims, I wash this to rotate in the alternative way to the rotation of the main cylinder. There are four in total of these 'arms'. I have tried the orbit method, in various ways, and learned many new things for different ideas, but this one has me stumped. If anyone could help, I'd be very grateful.

Just to add, I've just tried the orbiting method, with the main Cylindar linkage just there for aesthetics, but the 4 'claws' going round in an orbit, that works, but I have a feeling getting them to spin too will be a pain in the backside. If anyone has overcome this or something it'd be great to know. :)

Because llTargetOmega rotates things client-side, you can't daisy chain one rotating object on another one.  You can rotate several objects with different llTargetOmega (or SLPPF) in parallel, but not in series. If you want to do rotations in series, you'll have to do all but the last one as real (i.e., server-side) rotations.  That means doing them step-wise with llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast and a lot of mentally challenging local rotations.  It's not a job for the faint of heart.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.