Rotating attached prim around avatar

Jackal Ennui

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to have an attached prim rotate around the avatar body. According to the table in http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Rotation#Single_or_Root_Prims_vs_Linked_Prims_vs_Attachments llTargetOmega should do the trick, but it's always rotating the prim around its own axis, not around the avatar itself. I haven't been able to find a working example of an attachment spinning around the avatar, anyone have an example they'd like to share? Also, I've been using the "avatar center" attachment point, is that okay for this usage? Thank you kindly for any help!

That's the behavior I would expect from llTargetOmega. In fact, that table says as much: "spin linkset around attach point "  It's using your attachment point as the center of its own rotation, not spinning the attachment point around your body.  Instead of attaching one single prim and applying llTargetOmega, try attaching two linked prims (your original object and another small one, separated by maybe 1.5m). See what happens when you apply llTargetOmega to that. If that works -- it should -- then you can figure out why.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.