Rotate Attachment Based On Eyes Script

AdRokogu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Problem: Eye attachments pop out/stick out of tiger head/face when looking around because of the use of x, y & z offsets. Setting the eye attachment offsets to 0, 0 causes the eyes to appear too far back into the face.

Desire: Link eyes to tiger head (instead of attaching to my avatar's eye points) and write a script that causes the linked eyes to rotate according to/following the owner's look/gaze, etc.

Question: Is this even possible? I know a little about LSL (beginner level) but is there even a function I can call on to record and output my avatar's gaze so that the linked eyes can copy that rotation without moving out of place? I really just need the name of the function I would use to get my avatar's look direction. Also please let me know if rotating linked objects isn't possible when attached to an avatar.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Oh, and of course if this script already exists, please tell me where I can purchase/obtain it. :)

I'm not sure that I understand what the problem is.  You have two eyes, and they should each normally attach to one of the eye attachment points on your av.  You have two choices each for the left and right eye  (see http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlAttachToAvatar  ).  If they are being attached by a script, it should be a simple matter to add an offset from the attachment point to wherever you want the eyes to appear.  If they are being attached manually, you should be able to position them while you are totally immobilized. Thereafter, they will track the movements of your eye bones without any extra scripting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.