Problems with Timless Door Script

PJ Mannequin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi All,

I am having problems in setting up the Timeless Door Script, the problem is it keep saying the command is /door closed but no matter how many times and even bumped right into the door and doing /door closed does nothing.

I need a lockable door script with hinge rotating door, I've seen others on the web but when I use them it make me door rotate in the middle of the door and I have no idea how to ofset the axis to make it a hinge cos of some rad * rot based on eular command.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Thanks, PJ

The first place you are going wrong is by using that ancient Timeless door script.  It's almost as old as SL, and has way too much stuff hanging on it.  I'd suggest avoiding it. If you do a short search in the archives of these forums, you'll find a wealth of threads about scripting doors.  There are several standard ways of doing it.  For a start, take a look at https://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Scripting/Rotate-a-Mesh-Prim/m-p/2910994 , and then move on to Innula Zenovka's suggestion, mentioned in that thread >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Scripting/How-do-I-rotate-a-prim-or-linkset-along-an-axis-that-is-not-the/m-p/1835303 .  Once you have the basic door script, adding locking and any other bells and whistles is trivial work.

• Like 1

Hi,

Yes, finally figured it out with another door script, cos the script I got the sample door script from failed to mention I need a prim that has been cut path setting of B:0.125 E:0.625 so it rotate along the Z-axis, cos it failed to mention this it was rotating in the middle of the prim.

Not using the timeless script but another script that was in the library and cos of the way it behaved, I tried Timless Script and cos it wouldn't let me set the door closed hence asking.

Thanks for your help :)

PJ

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.