Please help with Glass detect for my fish.

Purrrwicca

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there any way to keep my fish from swimming through the glass of my aquarium?  They are wandering fish I purchased online and the scripts in the fish are no mod.  I need them to detect the glass.  I have tried every way to make the glass phisical but the fish keep swimming through it.  I also tried a start and end script but it confused the swimming of the fish.  I am so stuck! 

>^..^<

You have a couple of options, but they depend on whether you have mod perms on everything.  One simple choice would be to limit how far the fish can swim from the center of the bowl.  I'm assuming that the script has some sort of random movement mechanism that already keeps the fish within a specified range.  Just make the range smaller than your fishbowl. 

Another option might be to make sure that your bowl is non-phantom and make the fish physical, if that's possible without messing up the way the script works.  A physical object will bounce off off a non-phantom surface, so your fish will be stuck in the bowl. (Well, unless they leap out the top, but you can limit that too.)

There are two kinds of wandering fish sold.  One kind is intended to be used in the ocean or a body of water and their range is large or can be set to stay in Linden water within the parcel boundaries or within a certain range of several meters or larger by using a menu or a configuration notecard.

The other kind are specifically for use in an aquarium.  When you buy these kind of fish it is important that they give you the ability through a menu or a configuration notecard to set the limits of their range.  These kind will not swim through glass if you set them up correctly.

If the second kind is what you bought, read the instructions that came with them to see how to set them up, or contact the creator for help if no instructions were included.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.