New flags for llGetObjectDetails

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Three new flags for llGetObjectDetails have quietly appeared in the Wiki:  OBJECT_PRIM_COUNT, OBJECT_TOTAL_INVENTORY_COUNT and (and the one I'm most interested in right now) OBJECT_REZZER_KEY, which returns the uuid of the person or object that rezzed the item.

That's going to make communications between rezzed objects and rezzers so much easier, and can also help with anti-copy precautions in objects you need to leave copy-trans.

llGetObjectDetails returns a list, of course, so you need to read key k = llList2Key(llGetObjectDetails(llGetKey(),[OBECT_REZZER_KEY]),0);    I mention that because I always forget it when I'm tired.

• Like 2

Square brackets aren't a requirement per se. You can also typecast something to a list like this:

list GOD = llGetObjectDetails(llGetKey(), (list)OBJECT_REZZER_KEY);

So I think that list params makes it clear enough, that the input has to be a list. No matter how you declare the list.

Innula posted the syntax in the standard format that is used throughout the wiki and in all communications from Linden Lab. The [ ] brackets are only necessary if you are defining a list in line.  If you are using a list that you have already defined elsewhere, it would be incorrect to include them in the statement.  So, it is correct to write

list Params = [OBJECT_NAME, OBJECT_POS, OBJECT_PRIM_COUNT];list results = llGetObjectDetails(llDetectedKey(0),Params);

or just

list results = llGetObjectDetails(llDetectedKey(0),[OBJECT_NAME, OBJECT_POS, OBJECT_PRIM_COUNT]);

Either one works. The important point is that the set of parameters must be a list.

EDIT:  Well, they work if you type the list correctly.  Thanks, Innula. :smileyembarrassed:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.