Need help

DewJunkie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Firstly I am very new to scripting so any help means alot.

I am looking for a script that allows anyone to drop in a notecard. And also allows anyone to view that notecard inside said object. Maybe a small hud pops up in the corner and says "view notecard" or something when anyone clicks onto that object. 

As you write your script, the functions you will want to use are llAllowInventoryDrop and llGiveInventory.  You'll find descriptions of both functions and some basic examples in the LSL wiki.  As a new scripter, you may find it helpful to spend time with tutorials that introduce the fundamental syntax and logical structure of LSL >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Tutorial

I see that you found the example snippets at llAllowInventoryDrop. Now all you need to do is write a script that incorporates that one.  You will of course get a syntax error if you simply try to run a snippet out of context, because it's not a complete script. Your script can be incredibly simple or it can be as elaborate as the Dropbox script that is the final example on that same wiki page.

An example would be your entire script, and that 's not what this forum is for.  I truly suggest doing as I recommended in my first response.  Spend some time with basic tutorials before you start writing your script. Writing an LSL script is not terribly difficult, but you do need to understand the basic structure of the language.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.