Need help on llGetObjectDetails

nae8ean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Need help i want to read object details from prim link 2 and link 3

llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_THIS,
            [PRIM_DESC,message]); //this code  to set my linked prim link  object details from prim link 2 and 3
//prim link 2 and 3 have this code on script

prim link 0 will be get object detail of prim link 2 and 3

any hints or clue how i can do if possible? i am almost done with my project ^^ i only  need to read that object details Q_Q hope u can understand what i am trying to say sorry for bad english :( 

nae8ean wrote:

prim link 0 will be get object detail of prim link 2 and 3

If this means what I think it does, you don't need llGetObjectDetails() but rather llGetLinkPrimitiveParams().

The question is really confusing, though. For one thing, when a linkset contains multiple prims, there is no link 0.

I've interpreted the question to be about a script in the root prim (which will be link #1) accessing the descriptions of (child prim) links #2 and #3, and that's the condition under which llGetLinkPrimitiveParams() would be appropriate.

llGetObjectDetails can be used on the scripted object itself, or its linked child prims (referenced through llGetLinkKey), but the function is necessary to get details of other objects in the sim, not part of the linkset. The function is also used within a linkset to fetch details for which llGetLinkPrimitiveParams has no corresponding PRIM_* flags.

• Like 1

I ignored the llGetObjectDetails part of the question completely.  Judging from his previous questions, he has scripts that place numbers in the description fields of child prims.  He wants to scoop them up, add them, and display them somewhere else.  The immediate problem is that he has trouble typecasting the strings in the description fields to integers so that he can add them.

your right i want to place numbers in the description fields of prim link #2 and link #3 and link 0 will be scoop them up and display them on link 1 :(

placing number on object details prim link  #2 and #3  is not my problem i am done doing that i only need to know how can i scoop them up so i can display it on prim link 1 :(

Well, first of all, there is no link #0, as Qie has pointed out.  Second of all, you already know what the numbers are, since you put them in the description fields of links #2 and #3, so you could just as easily have sent them directly to link #1 instead.  In fact, there is no reason to have separate scripts for those operations.  You could do everything in one script.  However .....   if you have the numbers in the description fields and want to read them, then just use llGetLinkPrimitiveParams and look for PRIM_DESC.  And, as I pointed out earler, be sure to typecast the string variables from the description fields as integers, so you can add them.

• Like 1

thank u yes i notice there is no link 0 hehehe i thought link 1 will be  replace by link 0

i made a little sample thats seems i am looking for i can get link description i want 

:D

{

touch_start(integer total_number)
{
integer i=2;
integer i2=3;
llOwnerSay(llList2String(llGetLinkPrimitiveParams(i, [PRIM_DESC]), 0));
llOwnerSay(llList2String(llGetLinkPrimitiveParams(i2, [PRIM_DESC]), 0));

}
}

now i hope no more trouble thanks again for your help Rolig  ^^ and also Qie only now i understand what Qie trying to say ahahaah :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.