Multiple Items rez on touch

Synza

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking for a script that will rez different items on each touch of the base prim. Am not familiar with scripting but will attempt to explain here what it is that I am wanting. The rez script will rez a item of various ones with different names inside the base prims these items each have a script in them and last a few minutes themselves so that is not needed of teh script I am searching for. SO not sure if the line on scripts that have 'object' on theline for the name would work if left blank and that it rezes them about the same level or a little above the base prim.

That's a fairly common and very simple thing to script.  All you have to do is script the touch_start event to select one of the items in the object's inventory at random....

integer Ran = (integer)llFrand((float)llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_OBJECT));

llRezAtRoot(llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_OBJECT,Ran),llGetPos(), ZERO_VECTOR,ZERO_ROTATION, 1);

Make your rezzed objects temp_on_rez so that they poof in about a minute, and use a timer to rez the next random object.

If you are not up to the challenge of writing the script yourself, just post your request in the InWorld Emloyment forum to attract the attention of a scripter who will do it for you, for a price.

• Like 1

My question now is will the line float number = (float) llFrand(llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_OBJECT));  put a text over the prim on the remaining items in the prim? I will list the script here as what I have came up with as the next thing that i am looking and trying to do is a inventory count of items inside the prim and will put the total above the prim and count down as each item is rezzed from its inventory. This is not something that I am reselling for L$ but using for a hunting based rp that the items going into the base prim are no copy and no mod but are used for trade.....So if anyone can and will help I would appreciate it greatly as it will help me with rp options for trade. The item is not in world for long only when trading at the time or loading it with inventory.

(*Edited due to accusation was attempting to steal others Ideas this was not the intent in the least ..)

What you have "come up with" is the code I suggested earlier.  We're not going to write your script for you in this forum.  If that's what you're hoping for, you really should post in the InWorld Employment forum to hire a scripter.

You can add hover text to an item with the LSL function llSetText.  In this case, you can grab the object's name from inventory before you rez it, and then use that name as your text.

Unless you are rezzing one-of-a kind objects (objects that YOU only have one copy of), the inventory count will stay the same as you rez items.  After all, you are simply rezzing a new copy each time.

'What I have come up with' was meant as a general term Rolig not in anyway meant to take credit for the lines that you gave me or that someone else wrote I asked simply if that is the line that I was looking at to do as I was wanting it to do. I do not want the script written for me but was asking a simple question if the line I copied, yes that you gave me, was the one to 'look at' the prims contents and hover the count of contents in the text hovering over it. The contents are no copy and no mod so will be similar names things like 'bone' and 'bone chip' among others. I listed the script to see what I had so far and in the hopes that I would get a hint of where to look or as you said to look at the llsettext function.

Synza wrote:

[ .... ]The contents are no copy and no mod so will be similar names things like 'bone' and 'bone chip' among others. [ .... ]

The important question is whether YOU have copy perms on the items in inventory, not whether the next person who owns them will.  If you do not have copy perms, then the rezzer will rez the only one in inventory, and it will be gone from the rezzer forever.  If you have copy perms, the rezzer will create a copy of whatever is in inventory, and the original will stay there.  Your desciption doesn't make it clear which situation you are dealing with, and what you expect to happen with the items that are rezzed.

Do not worry your little head anymore about it, due to the accusation of wanting people to write it for me, was not the intent but a question as clear as I could be as wanting help to learn to 'edit' a open source script to do as I was wanting it to do in the end not to have it written for me. I did get and Inworld friend to help me write it and teach me what to look for in the LSL script without coming out and saying 'hey write this here ont his line' so Rolig i thank you for the help and this will be the last post that I will do on this so LL can delete it for all I care and Hope that you have a wonderful SL 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.