Media on prim problem

XbabylonX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I can easily set a webpage to be displayed on a prim's single face by setting it through its properties window but I cant achieve the same using llSetPrimMediaParams

Is it my viewers settings (firestorm)? Or am I missing something else in the script file?

Thank you.

Hi, I made a mistake in my last post.

"Clicking on them seems to take you where they should."

should be

"Clicking on them seems NOT to take you where they should."

For example, having the following code:

default{    state_entry()    {string html = "data&colon;text/html,<a href='http://www.google.com'>TEST</a>";   llSetPrimMediaParams(0,                             [PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_PLAY,TRUE,                  PRIM_MEDIA_CURRENT_URL,html,                PRIM_MEDIA_HOME_URL,html,                   PRIM_MEDIA_HEIGHT_PIXELS,512,               PRIM_MEDIA_WIDTH_PIXELS,512]);      }}

A white background with a linking TEST word are displayed. Clicking though on it, does nothing.

Same happens when you load a website through prim's properties. The links in this website which point to different domains do not work.

Thank you for your response.

XbabylonX wrote:

Hi, I made a mistake in my last post.

"Clicking on them seems to take you where they should."

should be

"Clicking on them seems
NOT
to take you where they should."

For example, having the following code:
default{    state_entry()    {string html = "data&colon;text/html,<a href='http://www.google.com'>TEST</a>";   llSetPrimMediaParams(0,                             [PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_PLAY,TRUE,                  PRIM_MEDIA_CURRENT_URL,html,                PRIM_MEDIA_HOME_URL,html,                   PRIM_MEDIA_HEIGHT_PIXELS,512,               PRIM_MEDIA_WIDTH_PIXELS,512]);      }}

A white background with a linking TEST word are displayed. Clicking though on it, does nothing.

Same happens when you load a website through prim's properties. The links in this website which point to different domains do not work.

Thank you for your response.

I tried to have your problem and couldn't make it happen.  Other than while editing the prim - which was mentioned before.   There are options which can be set to prevent navigation & interaction.  However that seems to allow navigation and interaction followed by setting the content back to what it had been. 

I was confused for a bit because your code example was changed by some internet magic to show 'data&colon' where 'data' is immediately followd by ':'

XbabylonX wrote:

You are right, I just tried and it worked, seems a lot of lag prevents things work at the place I am.

Btw, is it possible to click that link and open it in local browser?

The control bar can be used to open the current URL in a browser - local or external depending on your preferences.  I haven't found a way to open a link in a browser interacting with Media On A Prim.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.