List of objects, prims and owners in a parcel?

Domitan Redenblack

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can get prim counts with llGetParcelPrimCounts or with llGetParcelPrimOwners, depending on how you want to ask the question.  Getting a list of the objects by name is more work, because you'll actually have to build a scanner to find all of them and then use llGetObjectDetails to figure who owns each of them.  It's not a hard script to write.

See the LSL wiki for llGetParcelPrimCount, which is so named because it gives you the prim count for the owner(s) in the selected category.

If sim_wideis...

• TRUE then the return is the combined number of prims on all parcels in the sim owned by the specified parcel's owner of the category requested.
  • FALSE then the return is the number of prims of the category requested on the parcel specified.

If you really want to know the prim count in a specific object, get the object's UUID and feed it to llGetObjectPrimCount.

Again, I am trying to get a list of all objects in a parcel, and their prim counts and owners.

I still do not see a clear path to that list of Objects from the functions you have both mentioned.

llGetObjectPrimCount requires the UUID of a prim in the object, but I only want to do each object once, not once for each prim in it.

And a list of prims on a parcel will include many prims which are in the same object....

I am trying to make a clever little object that will list all the objects in a parcel, sorted by prim-count, so the owner of the parcel can see what they might delete or return first to free up prims in the parcel.

Ummm....  Your script scans for all objects in scan range...... llDetectedKey(i) gives you the UUID of each object .... llGetObjectPrimCount(llDetectedKey(i)) gives you the number of prims in the object. ..... llDetectedName(i) gives you the name of the object.  How hard is that?

default{    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        llSensor("","",PASSIVE|ACTIVE,10.0,PI);    }        sensor(integer num)    {        integer i;        for (i=0;i<num;++i)        {            llSay(0,llDetectedName(i) + " " +(string)llGetObjectPrimCount(llDetectedKey(i)));        }    }}

you can't get an object count effectively, only a prim count.

to get an object count you would have to sense the entire region, without missing anything, then double check against llGetObjectPrimCount to make sure the totals add up.... and hope nothing changed while you were doing all that..... it's seriously not worth the effort.

Rolig Loon wrote:

Ummm....  Your script scans for all objects in scan range...... llDetectedKey(i) gives you the UUID of each object .... llGetObjectPrimCount(llDetectedKey(i)) gives you the number of prims in the object. ..... llDetectedName(i) gives you the name of the object.  How hard is that?
default{    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        llSensor("","",PASSIVE|ACTIVE,10.0,PI);    }        sensor(integer num)    {        integer i;        for (i=0;i<num;++i)        {            llSay(0,llDetectedName(i) + " " +(string)llGetObjectPrimCount(llDetectedKey(i)));        }    }}

Awesome, Rolig. But how do you get around:

llSensor: "Only 16 objects will be scanned each time."

That's a separate problem.  You either move your scanner from point to point until you have sampled every part of your sim or you set up a network of scanners.  Either way, you need a way to gather all the information the individual scans, remove any redundancies, and then compile the summary list.  As Void says, that's a real pain if your sim has a lot of objects in it, especially if the number of objects keeps changing all the time or if they are sometimes crammed into subregions with more than 16 objects in them.  I have to agree with her that it's probably not worth the trouble to do on a sim-wide basis.

Rolig Loon wrote:

That's a separate problem.  You either move your scanner from point to point until you have sampled every part of your sim or you set up a network of scanners.  Either way, you need a way to gather all the information the individual scans, remove any redundancies, and then compile the summary list.  As Void says, that's a real pain if your sim has a lot of objects in it, especially if the number of objects keeps changing all the time or if they are sometimes crammed into subregions with more than 16 objects in them.  I have to agree with her that it's probably not worth the trouble to do on a sim-wide basis.

Terminal fail.

Thanks for your help.

Void, as I stated earlier: 

I have friends who own parcels which are "full" and want an easy way to find the names and prim counts of objects on their land. It's not always obvious or remembered, exactly which are the prim-fat objects they have out.

Area Search in viewers does not list the prim counts for objects, so I thought I would cobble up a way to get a list of "What's on my Land and how Fat is is?"

• 7 years later...
On 9/1/2011 at 9:20 AM, Domitan Redenblack said:

Is there a way to get a list of objects, with prim counts and owners in a parcel?

Area search, parcel objects, etc, do not give a broken down list with prim counts.

This is a pretty extreme necro-reply (8 years after the fact), but as of March 2019, there are now new ways to easily find every object on one's land, and exactly how many prims each object uses. Just install the latest version of Phoenix Firestorm, use that as your viewer, log-in, and go to the Region in which your land is located (you don't need to be standing on your land, but you do need to be in its Region). Then click Build / Pathfinding / Region-Objects. That will list every object in that region. Sort by owner. Then, assuming that all of the objects on your land are owned by you, and all of the objects on others' land are not owned by you, then the objects under your name will be the objects on your land, and the prim count is shown for each object. The numbers can be flabbergasting. Some objects I thought would have 5-10 prims have 15-30. (My living-room couch has 18 prims! It's just a frickin' couch! How can it have 18 prims?? But I only paid L$10 (about 4¢) for it, so it's no big loss; I'll just replace it.)

Edited by LoneWolfiNTj
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, LoneWolfiNTj said:

This is a pretty extreme necro-reply (8 years after the fact), but as of March 2019, there are now new ways to easily find every object on one's land, and exactly how many prims each object uses. Just install the latest version of Phoenix Firestorm, use that as your viewer, log-in, and go to the Region in which your land is located (you don't need to be standing on your land, but you do need to be in its Region). Then click Build / Pathfinding / Region-Objects. That will list every object in that region. Sort by owner. Then, assuming that all of the objects on your land are owned by you, and all of the objects on others' land are not owned by you, then the objects under your name will be the objects on your land, and the prim count is shown for each object. The numbers can be flabbergasting. Some objects I thought would have 5-10 prims have 15-30. (My living-room couch has 18 prims! It's just a frickin' couch! How can it have 18 prims?? But I only paid L$10 (about 4¢) for it, so it's no big loss; I'll just replace it.)

BAD NECROPOSTER!!! BAD!! You knew how old it was and did it anyway?!?!?!? You think the OP still needs that info after 8 and a half years?!? 

Btw the easier way is to go to your land and hit Area Search... 

Necropost.jpg.bd545f14ac705ad23ab3e92c3f912458.jpg59b00f0798aca_pinheadnecro2.jpg.c2eb73758dc93fd3c16f0c5d74403433.jpg

I wish i had more of these to post... Time to hunt the webs.,..

Hello, Drake 1 Nightfire. Re "you did it anyway?", yes, I sure did. 🙂 I'll reply to something that's 2000 years old (such as The Bible) or 3000 years old (such as The Bhagavad Gita) if I think I have something new to add. Years of yore may be gone, but they're not forgotten. This is the story of J... (wait, wrong song)

Re "You think the OP still needs that info?", probably not, but many new residents do, and their searches for info will lead them here (which is how I got here).

Re "Area Search", what's that? Wait, let me look in my FS menu... ah, yes, that's cool, thanks for the tip. I'll edit that into my comment. (Or replace the comment, actually, seeing as how I can apparently no-longer edit it.)

Edited by LoneWolfiNTj
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 2:11 AM, LoneWolfiNTj said:

It shows the prim count not the Li for some reason.

It listed a 41 Li item I have as 73 Li in that list. So if you start getting rid of things, make sure the numbers match up.

(Hmmm. I can't see a way to edit or delete my previous comment, so I'll just add to it.)

For those looking to see all objects and prims on a parcel you own, this method also works well:

First, install the latest version of Phoenix Firestorm and use that as your viewer. The log-in and go your parcel and stand in the middle. Then click World / Area Search. Customize the search tool by setting "filter" to "This Parcel Only", then click "Apply" and "Refresh". That will give you a break-down of all objects on your parcel.

11 hours ago, LoneWolfiNTj said:

(Hmmm. I can't see a way to edit or delete my previous comment, so I'll just add to it.)

For those looking to see all objects and prims on a parcel you own, this method also works well:

First, install the latest version of Phoenix Firestorm and use that as your viewer. The log-in and go your parcel and stand in the middle. Then click World / Area Search. Customize the search tool by setting "filter" to "This Parcel Only", then click "Apply" and "Refresh". That will give you a break-down of all objects on your parcel.

The edit is disabled after logging off or it is time limited, am not sure which. The delete option was set to admin several years ago.  The Firestorm area search has been a feature for years but like many things LL point blankly refuse to use it on their viewer. Other plateforms use portals and SL is still using the awfull map, which was valid a decade ago but certainly not for at least nine years.

12 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

It shows the prim count not the Li for some reason.

It listed a 41 Li item I have as 73 Li in that list. So if you start getting rid of things, make sure the numbers match up.

Li and prim count are roughly the same. The issue is whether the prim object is optimized as one object or in sections rather than a collection of prims. The internal vertecies in a multi prim object are still active to the physics engine, simply converting it to a convex hull can reduce the count by a lot.  Of course the Li count of mesh is subject to the creators optimization before uploading. There are some pretty heavy Li meshes around. Most multi prim objects can be converted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.