Kill Item Script Help

Londyn8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok it's driving me nuts and I can't figure it out.....probably because my scripting is basement level.

I want to lets say create a coffee tray with a mesh cup and when clicked have to attach the mesh cup to the av using a kill item script....only ONE of the scripts is full perms (the other no mod) so I can't LOOK at it to see if I can figure out the issue.

The problem is....the mug that attaches to the av has animations and an animation script....THAT seems to cause a script error when used with this kill item script.

Error is -
Script trying to stop animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set

Also for some unknown reason every time the tray is clicked it is asking permission to attach twice even though there is only one script. I CAN copy/paste the attachment giver script but not the Object temp attachment one...if it will help?

Anyway...is there any chance anyone knows why it is doing this AND any chance I will be able to fix it even though one of the scripts is no mod? I have been trying to figure this out forever and can NOT find another kill item attachment script set for the life of me anywhere....I see different versions of various scripts on the wikie...but again....basement level skill here so I can't tell what is what. Any help is SUPER appreciated :heart:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by the term "kill item script" in this context.   Normally, that's a script that causes the item to delete itself by calling llDie(), but that's not necessary if you are temp-attaching an item (which I think you're trying to do) because temp attach items delete themselves automatically when detached (or when you relog).

What's the sequence of events?

Am I right in thinking you have a freestanding tray with a cup attached to it, and when someone touches the cup, you want the cup to disappear and the tray to rez a cup that temp-attaches itself to the toucher and plays a drinking animation?

As to the error you're getting, I'm confused.   The script in the cup that animates the avatar needs permissions in order to play the animations, so I rather doubt that's what is causing the problem.    It might be the temp attach script, but if the script is no mod and you can't read it, there's no way to know, let alone to test it.

If you want to learn how to temp attach an item and animate the avatar holding it, then you've come to the right place.   But if you want someone to write the script for you, you should try asking in the Wanted forum.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.