KB Size Question.

iCade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I truly don't understand this, possibly someone could help me shed a light on this!

I have bought some textures, that came with a texture change script. When I apply said script to my product, along with an animation script the products entire script size is [2/2] 32KB.

Now, when I make a new script, copy and paste the LSL code into it so I appear as the creator, and replace it with the supplied one within the product it says: [2/2] 80KB.

I copy pated the code of the full perm script one to one, yet the product goes up to 80KB. When I take the script that shows me as the creator out, and put the supplied one back in, the product goes back down to 32KB.

Why is this happening?

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Do both scripts have the mono box ticked?

I'm sorry, but I can't find such a box on or in either scripts? Perhaps my viewer hides it and I have to manually make it appear? I don't know where though D:

The numbers are wrong : they tell 64kb per  mono script even if the mono script takes less memory . and 16kb per script not-mono . 32 KB = 2 scripts not compiled in mono (2 * 16) ;  80 kb = 1 script compiled in mono , 1 script not compiled in mono ( 64 +16)

If you want to know memory , use the function llGetUsedMemory inside  the code of your script s

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.