Is this script correct?

Nyx Drezelan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to make a looped sound in a fountain quieter, but for some reason no matter what integers I set the volume to it doesn't change; I don't know much about scripting so I may be doing it wrong too. Could someone double-check me?

{
state_entry()
{
llLoopSound("RunningWater04", 0.1);
}
}

I set the volume part to 0.1 rather than 1.0, but I don't hear any differences in volume.

That looks correct. From what I understand though, The size of the object also has to do with the volume. Also the settings in your viewer have to do with how you hear it. The setting is a difference of hearing sounds from your avatar's position or your camera's position. So if you're focused on your fountain with your camera, the sound may not change

Ah, I see; it's strange because it seems to be the loudest when my avatar's back is to the fountain lol Hmm, I wish there was a setting you could change to where sounds are only dependant on avatar position rather than camera position; I've only found that setting for voicechat though.

I'm pretty sure it's for objects too. Caspervend has an easter egg that if you put something in the dropbox with a specfic name, it will trigger a sound loop of some crazy sound. I had the dropbox under my stairs. I knew there was an easter egg, but didn't know what it was. I had the sound off when I tried it, so I didn't know it was making noise. Then one day I had my sound on and was confused what the noise was. Thought it was my neighbor. I started camming around to figure out where it was so I could mute it, and it ended up being my own dropbox, lol

You have to stop the sound , and then re loop it for a volume change ?

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlLoopSound

If a second call to loop the same sound at a different volume is made from within the same script NO volume change is made.

• llStopSound set just previous to the second call for a new volume allows the volume change with no discernible pause.
integer k;default{    state_entry()    {           }    touch_start(integer total_number)    {       if( k = !k)      { llStopSound();        llLoopSound("RunningWater04", 1.0);      }      else      {  llStopSound();         llLoopSound("RunningWater04", 0.1);      }    }}

If you are just editig the script, try adding the StopSound before the loop :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.