I am looking for a animation open a box led script

ResonantBlackBlood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made a wooden chest now I would love to add animation to its led so people can open it. Please help me I am not good at scripting. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2: 

also please give me step by step interactions on how to add it to my prim. I am ignorant at this moment to how I do any of it. Once I learn it will be like riding a bike so. Thanks.  

There are four ways to script a lid or door. The best is to take care in creating the lid, so that its hinge is at the visible edge of the lid instead of through its center. If you do that, you can simply use either llSetRot or llSetLinkPrimitiveParams (with or without a timer) to rotate it. That takes a small amount of foresight in building. The second is to use a cut prim lid that leaves the cut edge of the prim as the hinge. Then use an easy script like Void Singer's Simple Hinge Script (in the LSL Scripting Library). The third way is to link a skinny prim to the edge of your lid, make that prim the root for the linkset, and put your rotation script (a rotation script like the one for the first option ) in it. The fourth way is by far the most complicated to script, but is often necessary if you can't cut the lid or if it has several prims. Essentially, it means getting the local rotation of the lid and applying an offset to it to displace the axis of rotation to the lid' s edge. If you can tell us more about your lid, we may be able to offer more specific help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.