Help with Ferris Wheel

Midnyte Childs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have very little scripting knowledge at all. I can make this ferris wheel go around with no problem, but I can't make it so my seats stay the right direction as the ferris wheel moves. I would love to get this working and soon! I'm willing to pay for help getting this scripted... and when I say help, I mean, you do the work and I'll piece it together with my final project! I would need the scripts to be at least copy/trans. If you are willing to help me please contact me in world with an estimate of what you would charge me to do this project! Keep in mind this is for a family friendly sim that is non profit! We do this just for the love of SL families! 

Midnyte Childs

To hire a scripter to write one for you, post your request in the InWorld Employment forum, not here.  Look for a scripter with a lot of experience, and expect to pay a lot.

That is one of the nastiest scripting challenges in Second Life.  It has been done successfully several times, but usually after a lot of teeth-gnashing and foul language. You can find some very nice examples in world.  Probably the best one I have seen recently was the gigantic one at the Linden Lab Winter Festival that closed in March or April.  If you do a Google search for "Ferris Wheel script in Second Life", you will turn up several threads worth reading.  Some are here in the SL forums, some are in SLU (which we cannot post links to here), and quite a few are in blogs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.