Help solve script function mystery

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am putting this here because I can't decide the best place and this one does that have to do with Scripts.

I have a customer who bought one of my tables  and the scripts are not working correctly. For example when he touches a piece of bread it does go to his hand when he accepts it, but he gets a script error saying that it cannot find the agent to give permission. However, I don't get the error from the same table. Sometimes the detach dialogue shows up, sometimes it does not. Also some of his chairs will texture change, some will not. 

The region the table was in when I visited has scripts restricted to the land owner, but the land is group owned. The customer says he gets the same error on any other region he has rezzed the table in.

I tested the same table in my store, it worked perfectly, but I sent that table to the customer and he still gets the same error message. He does now get the Detach dialogue. 

My question is how does restricting script usuage to owner work if the owner is a group? Also can anyone else suggest a reason that the table would work fine in my store and other table owners' land but not work for this customer anywhere?

It does sound like a permissions issue, Pam.  In order to run animations and allow attachments to temp attach, the scripts request permission from the person who touches the object.  A script ought to grab your UUID as soon as you touch the object and then pass that UUID to each of the functions that use it for attaching or animating.  If it loses the UUID, you'll get the "No Agent Identified" error message.  I can imagine that one way to lose it would be to confuse the user's UUID with the owner's.  If they got scrambled, a group's UUID would be meaningless.

Without looking at the specific script, I can't guess exactly how that might happen.  That's where I would start looking, though.

Thanks Rolig -- it is your Turkey Master script, and I have had no other reports of any problems with it (and I have used it for lots of other things). I would guess that the sim has a problem but the customer says he has the problem on other sims. 

What I wonder is why I never got an error from his table, and why I did not get the detach button. It's like the scrpts sort of work but not completely. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.