Help needed with scripts

UnstableCrow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im looking for a script that.. when you attach a object (containing the script) it will give the person wearing the object a message in chat. .. im sure there are plenty of scripts like this on the market.. but not knowing what its called.. im haveing trouble finding it.

Also i was wondering if there was such a thing of a script that does colour fades? i see there are scripts to turn things transparent.. but i need a script that will make something fade to black colour then back to normal again.. is this possible?

I need theese scripts as full perm for projects im working on.. if theese scripts are on the market website to buy, can you point them out to me please ?

I appreciate any help you can give me.. im hopeless with scripting myself ^^;;

If you want to write a script and post it here, we'll be glad to suggest ways to fix specific things you're having trouble with.  We don't write scripts for people here, though.  If you want someone to write a script, please post in the InWorld Employment forum.

It's not called anything.  Or, actually, it's called whatever the scripter decides to call it.  There's no generic name.  In fact, what you're describing are basic functions that are folded into almost any script.  Click on the object -- it says something.  Click on it -- it fades.

For the "click and make it say something" script, you can use the basic "Hello, Avatar" script that you get if you just click "New Script" in your editor (or the example in the LSL wiki under llSay, which is even simpler).  For the fading one, the example for llSetAlpha is essentially what you wanted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.