Help creating RLV HUD to @Attach and @detach folder from inventory

PrincessKalika

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, i hope you can help me. i have been trying to create a Hair (or outfit ) HUD which allows you to click on a picture of hair you already own (and you have in a folder in your RLV folders) wear what is in that folder in your inventory connected to the picture on your hud (for example: you put five pictures in your hud, which connect to five folders in your RLV folders (folder 1, folder 2, folder 3 and so on) click on the 1st picture and it attaches the hair inside RLV / HAIR FOLDERS/ folder 1 to you.

when you are ready to detach your hair , click on the same picture in that hud and it takes off the folder attached to that folder. here is an example of what i am trying to make:

i have been trying to make one, but so far i have only been able to use a script that you must put into each prim that will show a clickable hair in your HUD . i wanted to make the script attach a folder depending on where you click on the hud (example: hair folder 1, hair folder 2)  but i am very very bad at scripting and cannot figure out how to do this. this is the script i am using :

--------------------------------

///simple script using the script i found here : http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Toy_Wylie/RLV_Documentation/attach
string folder="attach/hairl/hairfolder1";
default {
on_rez(integer num)
{
llResetScript();
}

state_entry()
{
llOwnerSay("Touch me to attach the contents of the folder #RLV/"+folder);
}

touch_start(integer num)
{
if(llDetectedKey(0)==llGetOwner())
{
llOwnerSay("@attach:"+folder+"=force");
llOwnerSay("Folder contents have been attached.");
}
}
}

-----------------------------------

if anyone knows how to do this , i would love some help. i have been trying to learn scripting since last year in the hopes i could create this, but just havnt gotten anywhere with this since. i hope someone out there might know how to make this happen, and thanks for your time in taking a look at this either way!

It looks like all you need is llDetectedLinkNumber (or maybe llGetLinkName(llDetectedLinkNumber(0)) , depending on where you do it)  to determine which link was just touched. Then manipulate the appropriate folder related to that link and you're done.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.