HUD shows avatar's path inside region?

blackeyealex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everybody,

I wanted to ask if there is a script which creates a HUD that will shows the avatar's path inside some given coordinates.
More specifically I created some mazes and i want a HUB that will help user to see the path who has followed inside the maze.
I desperatelly need this for a big project i am making.

Any help would be greately appreciated 

You could certainly write a script for that sort of thing, but it's not a trivial challenge.  There are basically two parts to figure out.  One is the challenge of translating your known position on the ground into a position on the HUD. That involves doing a mild amount of math to scale the area on the ground to the dimensions of your HUD and then the HUD's position and rotation on the screen.  You'll get some guidance at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Creating_HUDs

The other challenge is figuring out how you are going to indicate where you have already been. That's going to be a lot easier if you always use the same maze and can make a HUD that is a map view that evolves as you explore the maze.  One way to show your path might be to use a separate mesh face or prim for each possible segment of the maze on your HUD and then light them up (or switch alpha or color) as you enter that segment on the ground. You'll have to decide what to do when you make a wrong turn and have to backtrack, and how you're going to display those dead ends and false turns.

Depending on your own level of scripting skill and your confidence, you may need to hire a scripter to do some or all of the work.  If so, post in the InWorld Employment forum.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.