Group Invitier Script Does Not Invite

Esquievel Easterwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been trying to get a group inviter script to work correctly. I've looked at several of them. They all come down to a line like this:

llSay(0, "/me by clicking this link\nsecondlife:///app/group/" + ((string)group_key) + "/about");

Unfortunately, clicking that link  does not offer a group invitation. It just displays the General tab of the Group Information dialog. There is no option to join the group there.

I'm testing this in Phoenix 1.6.1.1691

I need an actual group invitation script that issues an actual group invitation.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

The general tab will not show a join now button if you are already in the group.  If you are not in the group and if it is open enrollment, it will show the Join Now! button.  I looked into this several years ago and could not find a better system (other than a bot) than the awkward route you describe.  I am still using that for my join buttons.  

TKR 

Thanks everybody.

My script would only offer the invitation to pre-approved avatars listed on a notecard. The idea was to set up an object that my tenants could use to rejoin my land group when they accidentally delete their tags, or so people who want to rent from me but live in a distant time zone could pick up a tag on their own (I just had an experience where I sent three invitations to a new tenant but she never got them due to IMs being capped while they were offline).

I can't have SL running 24-7 just to support a bot.

I don't really see any security issue here if you set up the script to only offer tags to pre-approved people.

Oh well.

Thanks again.

Esquievel
Easterwood wrote:

I can't have SL running 24-7 just to support a
bot

If you look in the marketplace, there are reasonably inexpensive commercial services that rent out inviter bots for so much a month.   You rent the bot, give it the appropriate group roles and set up an inviter with an OS script they give you, and they run the bot for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.