Dialogue "boops"

Sylvia Wasp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello, 

I am writing a linkset re-sizing script and have it all working fine but there is one truly horrible behaviour that I want to suppress.  I've searched quite a bit and can't find any references to it so I'm asking the simple question here.

- Is there any way at all to stop the dialogue from making the awful "boop" sound, every single time you click a button?  

I'm guessing not because its' something one has to suffer on every "Adjust" script as well but surely this must bother other people to the degree that someone has found a way to mask it out?  

I'm assuming that it's the default sound the menu makes when it appears and that because of the way re-sizing scripts and adjust scripts are written, that the menu is "called" or recreated after every button press?  

I find it hard to believe that many thousands of others have not been driven crazy by this maddening "boop, boop, boop" nonsense and that Linden Labs hasn't found a way to suppress it.  

thanks for any help, 

Sylvia

I never even notice it now.  It's a "feature" of LSL.  :smileytongue:

Oh, and whether the menu reappears after a button press ... that's entirely up to the scripter.  Generally speaking, though, most of us will make a menu reappear if it's likely that the user is going to need to make other choices.  People tend to get testy if they are forced to keep re-opening a menu every time they want to make a choice.

Thanks Rolig, 

Sadly, I suspected as much, but I was hoping someone had come up with some fancy script magic to stop it.  

When SL dialogues are used for adjusting and resizing scripts, the buttons need to be pressed dozens of times in succession so it makes sense to make the menu re-appear.  

The noise, along with the visible screen redrawing of the menu is enough to give one a migraine, but if it's all we have then it's better than nothing I suppose. 

Sylvia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.