Change Colour of named linked prims in a linkset.

MrBobbins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, I hope I described my problem well in the title. I have created an object, consisting of 25 prims. The prims are all linked in a spiral effect, with a long cylinder in the centre, acting as root.

I have named the prims into 3 different groups. 'back', 'frontA', and 'frontB'. With the Root prim un-named in the linkset.

I wish to create some colouring effects, which will be automatic, but before I can do that, I was wondering how I call up an individual 'group' to display a series of color. So 'frontA' will do some dancing, then switchoff, 'frontB' do its own dancing, switch off, then 'back' does it's dancing, switch off, then all of them do some dancing all the same, switch off, start at beginning again.

I am fairly familiar with basic colour change and got a standard idea what I've to do, its just a wee bit of help to call up the individual 'groups' to then do the functions.

Hope that was clear enough, thank you for reading.

Whatever change you want to apply, you'll need to address each prim in the affected group individually.  For some things like color change, that means using llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast with its PRIM_LINK_TARGET option so that you can address several prims in a single function call.  For other things, you'll have to do a loop of some kind.

integer i;while (i < llGetListLength(Group_A_Link_Numbers){    //Change the property of link i    ++i;}

If you want the various properties to change on a regular schedule, you have to put the whole mess in a timer event. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.