Are You Experienced?

Qwalyphi Korpov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know some of you are.  So I was wondering... if I wanted to get experienced too.. like what's happening?

I know the server support is rolling/rolled out but I don't see any recent announcements.   The threads I find are many months old.  Is the closed beta over?  There's a new beta?  Post beta?

Link me to something current please.

The Experience viewer has graduated from "project" status to a "release channel" candidate fairly recently, so that's something.

Inara's blog reports most every week that work is progressing on "back end issues" but I've never head anything more specific.

The most recent post of any kind on the closed-beta forum was made on April 13th -- the last by a Linden was in February -- so it's not that non-beta-testers are missing out on a lot of information.

I don't think anybody outside the Lab has any definitive information about pricing or capacity limitations to expect when the feature is made generally available, except that some packaging of the feature is understood to be provided as a Premium membership benefit. (That benefit will presumably not be an Experience with grid-wide scope, which should be rare and probably incur recurring cost, but rather the more common land-scoped Experience -- which still can work on any number of parcels but must be enabled on each parcel.)

Thanks Qie.  It's been  less than three years since the first experience tools rolled out.  Now here we are almost knowing when it's going live.   Exciting times.

@Love - I'm glad someone is having a good time here.

btw - I was shocked to see that my body shape type is now public information.  This is a tiny issue to some residents. I'm not going to post about it because I don't like to complain.  But what the zippity do da?   No need to ask permission before taking a peek at what I used to consider my little secret?  I feel naked.

btw - I was shocked to see that my body shape type is now public information.  This is a tiny issue to some residents. I'm not going to post about it because I don't like to complain.  But what the zippity do da?   No need to ask permission before taking a peek at what I used to consider my little secret?  I feel naked.

Well, it was never that well-kept a secret because all (graphical) viewers must use that information in order to interpret the avatar's shape data as deformations on a mesh. I think in general we should encourage any development that exposes to scripts information that's already known to viewers.

This particular information, however, is extraordinarily difficult to use without doing something stupid. I speculated in a recent Bay City Post article about how that might be possible using what amounts to a machine learning algorithm -- clearly beyond the scope of most existing SL animation engine scripts.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update now that a month and more has flown by. 

I joined the  'Advanced Creator Tools Notification' group.  So I've been receiving all the latest notifications about the Advanced Creator Tools (Experience Tools.)  This is soooo cool.   It's like having a smart phone that keeps telling you all the moment to moment happenings without you having to lift a finger.

For those who aren't members of this group I'll pass on the news: nothing.

I know it might feel disappointing to some of you.  Try not to think of it as receiving nothing.  Think of it as being fully aware that nothing has happened.  Worth noting or notifying.

There never happened anything in this group. I joined the group pretty much when it was created, which was few years ago already. I think those who initially created this group, and were working on Exp-Tools, have left LL a few month later. I believe I have left the group a couple of month ago, since it has been just a dead group for all the years.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Think of it as being fully aware that nothing has happened.

I recently met my new SL neighbor, "
zenptiness". I think he'd appreciate that.

ikr

I don't know zen but ... well, I'd emptied my mind by filling it with the nothingness of the Advanced Creator Tools Notifications.

I mean - it was advanced nothingness for sure.

Until arton.

:(

arton Rotaru wrote:

There never happened anything in this group. I joined the group pretty much when it was created, which was few years ago already. I think those who initially created this group, and were working on Exp-Tools, have left LL a few month later. I believe I have left the group a couple of month ago, since it has been just a dead group for all the years.

arton, I was feeling fully informed.  Now I feel fully foolish.  Again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.