Activating two scripts on two separate prims, no linking.

iamyourneighbour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Similar to this https://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Scripting/Activating-two-scripts-at-the-same-time/td-p/2923512

I have tried llMessageLinked function, works fine with simple items like light switches.

But I am trying to make an elevator door open and glide towards two direction when an elevator reaches a floor. The objects cannot be linked due to 1. Distance 2. The smooth sliding animation causes the entire linkset to move

I have tried invisible phantom box covering both doors, so when someone clicks what they perceive to be the double door, the phantom box gets clicked, and the message is sent to both doors, but linking them causes only one of the scripts to be picked up instead of two doors gliding separate ways.

So long story short, what are the ways to trigger multiple scripts without linking prims?

Just started building my sim 4 days ago, bit of a script noob at the moment :matte-motes-delicious:

It's not clear to me why either of the limitations you are concened about is a limitation, but that's probably because I am having a hard time visualizing the problem.  You have two doors -- I assume that one is in the elevator and the other is the outer door in the hallway -- and you want them to open at the same time,right?  You clearly can't link them to each other, but there's no reason to either. All you have to do is put identical scripts in the two doors.  When one is clicked, it sends a message to the other one and they both open.  And if your sliding door causes the entire linkset to move, it either not written for that sort of installation or it's installed incorrectly. You can write linkable sliding door scripts or find them easily in the market.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.