Improvement to "Group Invitation" script

Phil Metalhead

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I took the Group Invitation script from the wiki and improved upon it to reduce its "spamminess". It uses the Base 4096 Script (Reduced Code Size) compress_key function to compress visitors' keys, and stores those to a list. This enables tracking of 800+ visitors. The improved version also checks whether visitors have the group currently active and ignores them. I also changed the messaging from llWhisper to llRegionSayTo so if there are multiple people standing in/near the inviter prim they aren't all spammed, and broke the invitation message out to a variable to make customization easier.

When a visitor already on the list returns, it bumps them to the beginning of the list to ensure frequent visitors don't get spammed, while one-time or infrequent visitors may eventually get pruned at a busy location.

I've currently posted the code at http://pastebin.scriptacademy.org/f4f881823 but would like to add it to the Group Invitation wiki page (since all code is CC/public domain). Unfortunately even ~14-year scripting veterans don't seem to have permission to edit the wiki, so I guess I have to hope a Linden or the like sees it and can maybe add it :P

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.