Balancer script

Pierre Ceriano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello amazing scripters ! :)

This is not easy for a non English native to find a script in a library just because of its name...

I seek for a script that makes an object act like a swing in a park for children (not like the one in a tree). I tried the one given here but it doesn't seam to work for me while I reset the object and also tried with a root.

I searched with the tags "Swing", "Balancer" and also "Pendulum" (that last one is not exactly the movement I wish)

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Pierre

The LSL Scripting Library is not the place to look for a script that is not already in the library or to ask a scripter to write one.  You should post in either the Wanted forum or the InWorld Employment forum.  If you don't see what you are looking for in this library, you should also search other script libraries.

Having said that, however, I recommend that you do your Google search for "Second Life"+script+swing .  You will find several very good LSL scripts there. (Martin Fayray's script, which you mention, is among them.  It is excellent, perhaps your best choice.)  Some are old, but they should still serve your purpose well.  Incidentally, it shouldn't make any difference whether your swing hangs from a tree or from a framework.  Swings all use the same physics.  So do pendulums.  A script for any of them should work.  You should expect to do some modification for your specific object, however.

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.