Inworld

• entries
  • comments
  • views

Contributors to this blog

Zombie Sims: Community Conversations

Linden Lab

urbanzombie.jpg

Wondering where the inspiration behind your favorite Zombie sims comes from? Want to know where they got that amazing spooky texture? Get answers from the sim creators here! Ask questions in the comments. Swap and share your favorite zombie tales, locations and more creepy stuff.

From Firestorm2Ireto, of The Urban Zombie:

1. What is your inspiration/where do you get your ideas?

I got my inspiration from one of my fav zombie movies, which is Zombieland, and the AMC series "The Walking Dead," along with the feel of the classic movie "Night of the Living Dead." I wanted to keep things in a modern urban setting, just like in the movies, along with a few little extra surprises — like the blood-curdling sounds that the zombies make (Brains! Brains!). Each day I change or add something new. Most people were afraid to leave the safety of the stairs, so I installed a series of overhead ziplines that will take them to a high and safe place to shoot from. There will be more to come as we will be expanding the sim in the near future.

2. Where can visitors buy the things they see on your sim? — i.e. favorite zombie-stuff creators inworld (or on Marketplace).

People can purchase from a wide selecton of weapons at my gun shop. I have carefully selected the best weapons from the best vendors in SL, as well as fighting clothes and other gear. As people become better at shooting they want the better weapons.

3. What is the objective of your sim/i.e. vision?

My objective is to make sure that anyone who visits my sim will have fun, that's the bottom line. I have a great staff of officers who are more than willing to assist anyone that comes here, and I make sure that each person is greeted and made to feel welcome and made to feel that they are all part of this thing. I am always told by people that they love to come here to just unwind from real life and relieve stress by blasting zombies. I find myself doing just the same. My vision is to keep this a drama-free sim — if you can't find a good laugh here then it does not exist anywhere. Most people who come here talk on voice chat, and it really pleases me to hear the laughter, because that shows me that they are having a great time and that's what it is all about. So, my vision is to maintain that level of happiness for all of the time.

4. Are you doing anything special for Halloween?

The answer to question four is easy! Yes, we are going to have parties all Halloween weekend here at Urban Zombie. We have our own in-house DJ as well as a pretty nice club on site. Trust me — we are going to have a blast.

5. How long have you been in SL and what is your favorite thing about it?

I have been in Second Life for just over three years. The best thing I love about SL is the freedom from RL and the ability to explore things that are not possible to do in RL — the ability to meet and to interact with people from all over the world and from all walks of life. We've met and made some very great friends here in SL, and that's a wonderful thing. The one thing that I can never say is that SL is boring, and that has been proven to me each day for the past three years.

6. Do you have recommendations on other cool zombie locales and your favorite stuff to do inworld?

As to the last question,  my recommendations for other cool zombie sims are as follows: Grim's is a fun place to shoot zombies; the same can be said for The Dead Zone. We are all friends and we all have the same objective, and that is to rid the world of those pesky zombies and have a great laugh while doing so. We enjoy going to biker sims to ride our bikes, but we also love to dance and explore the wonders of Second Life. Please feel free to come here and help us erase zombies from our world, because they just keep coming and coming!

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

From DebZombie Doggone Sim

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rossavik/24/89/21

1. What is your inspiration/where do you get your ideas?

Growing up i was a big fan of hammer films and Vincent Price , TwilightZone. etc. these  things shaped  my life and my sense of humor and fun.

2. Where can visitors buy the things they see on your sim? — i.e. favorite zombie-stuff creators inworld (or on Marketplace).

we have Potions and  stuff  you need readily available on our sim at the starting point as well as rewards on our quests.  we use the grimly system so any  grimley item bought elsewhere can be used on the sim as well . As for weapons i  personally am a big fan of breach weapons. as they are easy to use low  lag and often updated.

3. What is the objective of your sim/i.e. vision?

we want everyone who visits our sim to have a pleasant and  drama free experiance we chose the grimley system for our sim as it is well exicuted  and user friendly what is important  to us is the ability to  keep the first time users happy as our sim  is easy to use and  has a return to home base system rather than returning a user to home it returns the user to a safe zone determined by location. so its easier to get back into the action  experianced users like the  challenges offered by quests and hidden trigger points.. in the future we would like to expand  and include other post end of the world senarios.

4. Are you doing anything special for Halloween?

of course we will  but its rather early in the year for details. however we do have non combat events  such as DJ Lilitrh Parkin at 12 noon slt Sundays and Mystery Theater on wednesdays  11am slt .

5. How long have you been in SL and what is your favorite thing about it?

I personally have been in sl 4 years  as well as my partner and  co owner Akasha .

I like rather love the social interaction SL has to offer as well as the creative opertunitys , beings  my partner and i are both handicapped. we find SL to be the perfect way to express ourselves with out preconcieved  notions of what  our abilities are.  i love how SL levels the playing field for everyone.

6. Do you have recommendations on other cool zombie locales and your favorite stuff to do inworld?

Grimleys Blood Bath and >Beyond the Original and best GCS sim.

I also Hang out as a advisor   at NCI

and for  other stuffs I go to Danika and Pinkmares house.

But mostlu I hang out at home .

:matte-motes-sick:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rossavik/24/89/21