looking to make a mlp mtg game

cigamu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello there i am hiring up to 2 people to help me with this porject.

it is a my little pony magic the gathering trading card game

i know some cards i want to use for the 1st edtion and i know who the game will be played

it will be like magic the gathreing with 20 health and the same play rules such as taping cards to use them and so on

insted of manna i will be using somthing els im not telling in the post though because i dont want any one to steal me idea

the booster packes will have 7 cards and a untilmted amount of "mana" for deack building and were hopfully gonna make 200 cards for the first edtion

if i only hire one person the profit will be slpit 60% 40% if two it will be split 40% 30% 30%

IM me in game or leave a post if you want to do this with me

You have permission from the owner of the MLP IP rights to do this right?  If not you can't legally do it, Its against the TOS.

Here is the official policy on IP rights incorporated into the TOS by reference.  You should read it.

And before you say it, yes I know that there is probably other MLP stuff in SL.  Just because other's steal IP rights doesn't make it ok for you to steal them.

Put your energy into something original and creative instead.

ok so then it wont be an mlp based i still rly want to make a trading card game so i can play it and sell it but i have no idea about srcipting so as i said it wont be mlp however it will still be a trading card game

cigamu wrote:

ok so then it wont be an mlp based i still rly want to make a trading card game so i can play it and sell it but i have no idea about srcipting so as i said it wont be mlp however it will still be a trading card game

How many trading card games have you seen in SL? Ever stop to think why you don't see them? Because is so fricking hard to script them. That and no one wants a card to rezz, they want a cute kitty or buny or puppy.. cards are boring.

Dude, that's pretty harsh to say over an idea.  I get that you're entitled to your own opinion, but someone expressed the desire to make something new, something that's practically non existent in this game only to have you shoot it down because it's not a blasted breedable!  Has it occured to you that because you're not the target demographic doesn't mean that no one is?  If you don't want a TCG in SL, fine, don't buy it, but don't stoop to insulting someone's idea because it's not something you're interested in.  That's just shameful.

I for one would hate to see more breedables and would greet a concept like this one with open arms, simply because it's a new concept.  Breedables were cool to me when they first became popular, but now it's a concept being bled out by anyone with a scripter and a sculpter.

As for this idea, like any game, both physical and digital, it's best to start with pen and paper.  Figure out the theme of your game, what should the cards represent, what are the rules for each type of card, how would a game play out.  test this idea with folks you know and see if they find it interesting, then all you need to do form there is determine how to implement it in SL in a way that would be appealing for those who do buy it.  Implementation in SL will be the trickiest part as the guy I replied to said(Sorry, your avatar name blends with the picture too well), it has never been done before; so you and whomever works with you would have to figure out HOW to make it work.  That means distribution, marketting, game flow, valuing the cards, promotion, and every other little bit of detail that would be invested in it.

The easiest part of every project is the idea, but once you start turning that wheel, you'll have to be prepared to face the challenges behind creating it!  So If you do undertake this issue(and don't let ignorant comments like the one above discourage you), you can probably be the pioneer of SL TCG.  That in itself, sounds pretty cool!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.