share "unshared" item like cloth,shoes, etc..

aqtehot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i have 2 avatar, named "A" and "B". both are using same email.. my question is can i share item that cant be transfer (shoes,skin,hair)  from avatar "A"  to avatar "B". i have read some of the post like this  post https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Inventory/Sharing-between-alts/qaq-p/697021, but i cant understand at all. What is alts? how to make group?

please help me.. 

Thank you:cathappy:

2 answers to this question

Nope, not possible.

Share is a misnomer, the terminology should be transfer. It's not possible to have one asset shared between two separate accounts. Items that are No Transfer cannot be transferred from Avatar A to Avatar B.

Alts, by the way, is slang for 'Alternate Accounts' - a separate, not-connected account (in your case, Avatar B).

Groups won't help you in any way.

• Like 1

Alt is short for alternative, usually refering to the additional accounts someone has beside their main account. Your alt would be avatar B.

An object that has no tranfer permissions can't be transfered and there is nothing you can do about that. If you brought an item with no transfer, its only meant to be used on the account you have brought it with. If the item is something used to customize your apperance (skin, hair, clothes etc.) it can only be used by that avatar. Of course furniture that is placed by avatar A can be used by avatar B, which is the only thing that would be legit "sharing".

Even a group won't change that, nor does it matter under which email adress the accounts got registered. Second Life counts does accounts/avatars as seperate from each other.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.