i get error note, picture is more than 1 mb, then get error note to small, help

Dacotah Longfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I get a error note says the picture is to small, i correct that an then i get error note that says picture has to be smaller than 1MB, then get error not that says picture has to be bigger than 512x512, and then back to picture has to be smaller than 1mb. I keep going in circles. How do i get a picture to fit all of its stupid requirements. i fix one, get the other error note. Fix that problem, i get the other error note. would apprecitate some help

1 answer to this question

A 512 x 512 pixel image has 262,144 pixels.  If your image is has an alpha channel (32 bits per pixel), that's 8,388,608 bits or a little over a megabyte.  If it has no alpha channel, then it's 25% smaller.  In either case, that's well under the limits for uploading and displaying the image in SL.  You can upload images up to 1024 x 1024 pixels (although it's hard to justify anything that big most of the time).  And I have never seen any message that says I have made an image too small.  So, I'm puzzled.  It might help to know exactly where you are trying to use the image and exactly what the error message says and exactly who is sending it. 

If you want to provide extra information or need to clarify your question, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do not start a new thread. Doing that makes it hard for us to see what other people have already suggested, and it pushes other residents' questions off the page.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.