how to create a new system folder

LishaJoya Haven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello i do not know how to make a new system folder...

What I am trying to do is clean out AND organize my inventory by manually creatig new folders in my massive inventory

The sytem folder is for my ALPHA mesh KITS/BUILDS so i can see them at the top of my inventory...

I am NOT talking about making a new NORMAL folder.... but a new system one-- im trying to make my life easier

►►►If you all dont know what i am going through with my MASSIVe inventory....well i cant get on the new VMM Sl viewer to list myitems to the MP becuae of the large size of it (on my main acct...Lishajoya Haven-- but i can get on it with my lower inventory alts)....so im boxing/deleting/foldering and sub foldering like a mad woman... to bring my inventory down so i can at least try to list on my VMM....espcaily for my breedables and creations I have STILL to upload to the MP.

Thank you for all for your help in this matter for Im on a serious time crunch to be compliant by august 17th....i still have to convert my MP boxes manually as well.....UGH

Thank you and HUGS to you all

2 answers to this question

You can't make a new system folder, but there are ways to organize and display your inventory to keep from having to always scroll down past the system folders to your "regular" folders.

With the gear icon in your inventory window, uncheck "sort system folders to top."  Then begin the name(s) of the folders you want to have on top with a number or a special character like * or #.

Or use the system folders as top level folders, and make subfolders within them.  My "Body Parts" system folder contains folders for shapes, skin, eyes, eyelashes, nails, mesh hands, mesh feet, hair, and my collection of nonhuman avatars.  I have over 55,000 inventory itema, and I only6 have five "non system" folders at the top level of my inventory.  Everything else is in sub folders within the system folders.

Use a second inventory window to aid in sorting.  Click the suitcase icon in the inventory window to open another "instance" of it.  Put the two windows side by side, but scroll one down to one part of your inventory and the other up to the part where you are moving things.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.