has anyone lost every outfit that was in your inventory?,,

Hiiraji

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

To try to figure this out we need more information. Use the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... to get the information. Copy and paste it into your post. You can edit your post using OPTIONS in the upper right of the post.

You have not likely lost your outfits. All this stuff is kept on the SL servers. A list is downloaded to your viewer. The list is stored on your computer and checked at login. It is possible the local list is messed up. If you use diffrent brands of viewers and have them sharing caches, it is more likely that some messed up locally.

If you log into the preview and main grids with the same viewer, it is very likely that is the cause. The Lindens are working on that new problem to resolve it. I missed todays meeting so I don't know if the Preview Grid caused corruption has been resolved. If you haven't logged into the Preview grid, this isn't the problem.

There are separate caches for stuff and the inventory list. In the Linden Viewer and many third party viewers open Preferences->Advanced to find the location of your cache files. The clear button there clears the main 'stuff' cache. DO NOT clear this cache. It is an absolute last resort.

WARNING: Many people that do not follow SL tech think clearing the cache is a great thing to do. Many Google searches will turn up a recommendation to clear this main 'stuff' cache as a solution to problems. But, 99.9% of those are out of date. Clearing cache has for the last 3 or 4 years been the exactly wrong thing to do and generally worsens most problems for which a cache clear is recommended. The exception right now is when you use the same viewer on the Preview and main grids.

Look in the folder you see listed in Preferences as holding the cache. Look for a file that has a [UUID number].inv.gz. This is your avatar's UUID postscripted with inv.gz and is the file holding the inventory cache. You can delete this file. It will rebuild the next time you login. In certain types of viewer crash the file will get corrupted. It is rare.

The third party viewers I have each maintain their own copy of this inventory list cache. I suppose there might be a TPV that shares this cache with the Linden viewer. If you find that is the case with your viewers I recommend assigning the viewer separate cache folders and hope they will stop trying to share.

Good luck...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.