garlic necklace can't be deactivated, and now I lost it. What do I do?

Lunalia Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I was given the garlic necklace when I started, was told to wear it and activate it, so I wouldn't get bitten. All well and good, seemed like a good idea there and then, seeign as I JUST started understanding the basics of SL. 

Well now, after a little while, I wanted to deactivate it. I'm not looking to get bitten yet, but I want the chance at some point. So I took the necklace on again and toutched it, jsut like the instructions told me to. Nothing happened. I tried to right click, left click, take it off and take it on, relogging and eqquipt it, changing location, just about everythign I could think to make it work.. Still nothing happened. 

After a while struggeling with this, someone told me to delete the necklace, that should reset it. Well, still beign new to this, I found this logical, so I did as told, and deleted the necklace. completely.. still, the protection is active. So now the protection is up and active, and I have no way to deactivate it.

if anyone could help me solve this issue, I would really really apreciate it, as I would like at least the chance to deactivate this protection were I to want to become a vampire..

5 answers to this question

Hi Lunalia,

I know little about Bloodlines, but I do know that deleting a garlic necklace will have no effect on anything. The necklace contains a script that communicates with the Bloodlines database. That script can only run when the necklace is worn. Since the necklace will be in inventory when you delete it, it has no way of communicating anything to Bloodlines.

Purchase another necklace from the Marketplace, they're free. Wear it, and click "Reactivate" when the menu appears. If you don't see the menu, make sure you are in a region that allows scripts. If you're not in one, teleport to one. Public sandboxes allow scripts, as do info-hubs.

Here's the Bloodlines instruction page...

http://slbloodlines.com/gear/garlic

Good luck!

• Like 1

Don't despair, Undead Hopeful!

The Garlic Necklace is just a simple tool that lets you access the Bloodlines database, to tell it that you do (or do not) want to participate in the Bloodlines pyramid scheme, er, I mean, roleplaying game.

ANY Garlic Necklace can do this.  If you have deleted the one you were wearing, wear another one from your inventory.  If you deleted the one in your inventory, pick up another free one from the Marketplace: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Bloodlines-Garlic-Necklace/4421623

If the necklace does not appear to be working, be sure you are not in an area where scripts are disabled.  If scripts are turned off where you are, either teleport to another area or fly up a couple of hundred meters.  The device will begin working.

• Like 1

Thanks! Finally, after jumping places like a mad woman, I got it to work. No idea why I couldn't get it to work, going to one of the sandbox areas was one of the first things I tried. But whatever bugged it from working... Now I was able to deactivate it. Yay!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.