Why can't I open or touch things anymore?! I paid for items and now I can't even use them!?

Bamala0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Are you on land where you are allowed to run scripts? If not, scripted items won't work.  If it's your own land, check in World >>> About Land >>> Options to be sure that you haven't accidentally turned scripts off.  Or go to a different region and see if you can touch things there.

What sort of "things" are they? Are the things that you bought meant to be opened? Or are they no-mod objects that contain scripts, textures, sounds, or other items that are meant to stay in them?

Are you getting any error messages that might give you a clue? 

• Like 2

Bamala0 wrote:

and I want answers fast!

also for other residents, who help you here, it is weekend, sunday. Time to relax and spend with family, hobbies and allllll nice things life brings....

and you...stamping feet  "i  want answers fast ".... one week old... and already so lost yourself in this world?

Calm down, close your machine and go for a nice cup of tea... a nice walk outdoor ...

Relog, go to another region/ sandbox and try again.

Bamala0 wrote:

So I can't open anything I've bought and I want answers fast! So basically I've tried everything I could think of and am not allowed to open things I've rezzed the option isn't there.

Are you rezzing the objects near a large sculpted prim like an older tree, or in an area with a sculpted "sim surround"? This can cause problems touching objects inside the invisible shape that the sculpt began as, especially if you're just trying to get "touch" by hovering your mouse pointer over it. In this case, right-clicking the object may bring up the menu.

• Like 2

Bamala0 wrote:

So I can't open anything I've bought and I want answers fast! So basically I've tried everything I could think of and am not allowed to open things I've rezzed
the option isn't there.

That suggests to me one of two things.   

Most likely, there's some breakdown in communication between the region you are on, SL's inventory servers and your viewer, so your viewer doesn't  know enough about the objects you've rezzed to let you open them.    That sometimes happens to me, even with things I've made myself.

If that's it, it's usually a temporary problem.  I find that if I tp somewhere else (to a sandbox, for example) and open the stuff there, by the time I've returned home, the problem has fixed itself.

If it doesn't, then try this -- log out of SL, unplug your router, disconnect it from your PC,  and leave it for a minute.  Then plug it back in, wait until it's properly powered up and communicating with your ISP, and reconnect it to the PC.   That should force a whole set of new connections when you log back into SL.

If you are usng a wireless connection, then be aware that SL isn't guaranteed to work with wireless -- make sure that you are somewhere with a good signal.

The other possibility (remote, I think) is that you're using a third party viewer with RLV enabled, and some RLV restriction hasn't been properly released.   If you think that might be the case, then edit your original question to say so (don't start a new thread) and I'll see what I can suggest.

But I think my first idea -- poor communications between the region, the inventory server and your viewer -- is far more likely, so try that first.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.