What does a white "?" in a red circle mean? 2

Itsa Deal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sorry, I realise my previous question may not have given  enough information:

Some old outfits in Inventory contain things with a white "?" in a red circle against their name (on the left). Those items can be worn (apparently), but don't appear on my avatar. What is happening here?

I'm using the most recent Singularity viewer 1.8.6, running on a 2011 iMac, OS X 10.6.8 and fibre-optic broadband.

1 answer to this question

I don't know what the symbol means, which suggests to me it's something specific to Singularity.     I think it probably means that the link between the original item and the entry in the outfit folder is broken -- I think that's what you are describing, anyway.    It usually happens when you have an item that's part of an outfit and you then rez the original on the ground (e.g. to add animations to an AO, or update the attachment scripts).

If you do have broken links,  wear the outfit, locate the originals of the broken links (name search), wear those, delete the broken links and save the outfit with the new links.

If that's not it,  why not check in the in-world Singularity Viewer Group?   Someone there should know.    Or drop Sianna Gears, the developer, an IM -- I've always found her very helpful and approachable.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.