[Solved] I've noticed that a lot of items from my inventory is missing.

KennaBear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

[Solution] 

OK. So I have found the solution to my problem. As it turns out, it is a bug with the firestorm viewer. I logged in with the standard SL viewer and all my inventory was there! All 44k instead of only the 38k firestorm was showing.

Here's to hoping that the next version of firestorm will have this problem resolved!

[Problem]

As of late, I've noticed that a LOT of my items have gone missing. By 'Missing' I mean that their folders are there, but they are completely empty. Lots of these items i couldn't care less that i have lost, but there are some that i'm HIGHLY upset about losing (My holiday decorations and my dance animations that i use to perform in concerts). I know I have not deleted these items because i use(d) them on a regular basis. I have tried clearing my cache, relogging, waiting for the items to "load", I've sent in a support ticket to LL, but i've yet to recieve a response and my items are still missing.

6 answers to this question

Clearing the cache generally aggravates inventory problems.

Give the Lab some time to respond. Remember. They start a holiday Thrusday. Not likely to hear anything until the following Monday.

Firestorm has a work sheet for trouble shooting inventory problems. http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory

Work through the recommendation there. They work for all viewers.

Make sure you have a good connection to the SL servers. http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/ A good SL connection is different from a good Internet connection.

From the image it looks like you have a flat inventory. While there is no limit on inventory, there is a point at which you start to have login issues and things disappear. With a really good connection to the SL servers you can have 5,000 to 10,000 items per folder. The weaker the connection the fewer items you can get by with. 5k is the unstated limit.

I know people with 100k items in inventory with no problem. But, they have <100 folders in the root My Inventory. They use a bunch of subfolders. I have <200 items in any single folder, other than Outfits which doesn't allow subfolders. Some folder paths are 3 to 5 folders deep.

I have 40k items and no problems. So, you may want o try the FS fixes and then build a folder structure. 

Animals (folder level 1)
   Cats (folder level 2)
      Dark Grey... (item)
Dances (folder)
   Fav's (folder)
      80's Dance... (folder level 3)
         The Dance (item)
      90's Dance (F030...
   2016 Dances
      Shakira...
      The Twerk
    Other dance groups
Dresses
      Fav's
      Evening (folder level 4)
         Red lowcut (item)
         Blue Sexy (item)
      Long
      MEdium
      Micro
      Short

Any time I am getting 100+ items in a folder I start breaking them up with another folder. That is probably a bit of overkill.

The inventory download process runs folder by folder. It is a matter of how much is in a single folder.

• Like 2

Kenna, and Ghost too...

Don't just "hope" that the problem gets fixed.  Follow Nalate's advice to fix it yourself.  Try the suggestions at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory

If those do not fix the problem, you can file a Support Case with Linden Lab.  They can sometimes fix inventory problems that don't respond to the usual remedies.  However, you'll have to be a Premium member to get that level of technical support.  If you aren't Premium, getting a one month Premium membership may be worth it, for the chance of recovering a lot of things you've spent money on.

OK. So I have found the solution to my problem. As it turns out, it is a bug with the firestorm viewer. I logged in with the standard SL viewer and all my inventory was there! All 44k instead of only the 38k firestorm was showing.

Here's to hoping that the next version of firestorm will have this problem resolved!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.