Question about outfits

Zapphoria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

It really doesn't matter what the average is. An Outfit Folder is simply group of a database links that point to the actual clothing/jewelry/object item in your inventory. I keep about 100 prepared Outfits now a days but when i was modeling and M/Cing fashion shows it was well over 300.

I say, "You can never be too prepared to get dressed at a moments notice."

Each of these links takes up a Inventory Item Slot so your inventory may look 201 folders + (201 x 20) average links per outfit = 4221 items larger than if you had no outfits  Just saying :P

• Like 1

I have over 700.  Since I've gotten into the habit of assembling an Outfit for every new dress I buy, my inventory has climbed to new heights of insanity...but I have a Look for every conceivable occasion, and can be dressed for a party in ten seconds instead of twenty minutes.

The only saving grace is that (as far as I know) the proliferation of Links in one's inventory does not affect system performance the way accumulating a similar number of actual objects would.

Inventory in Second Life whether outfits or other stuff is unlimited for most practical purposes.

There are effective limits depending on your computer and connection speeds. In general you should have less than 5,000 items per folder. With more than 5,000 items you can start to run into problems with a slow computer and/or connection.

You could have 4,000 folders in a folder and 4,000 items in each of those folders... that is 16,000,000 items.

You'll probably not exceed any limits this week....

I've been around since 2008. I now add a year to all my outfit names. I elminate older outfits and often the things that make up the older outfit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.