Own made objects will full perm rights eventually turning into no transfer

Xenil Lionheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It's been bugging me for ages now. I do builds and I copy certain bits from build to build, as in I take the previous build, unlink a few child prims, move them to the new build and link them again, and even though I made those/uploaded all of it/have it all as FP, it will stick as no trans for those specific bits I copy, I usually dont notice and carry on with my build, but then when I need it transfer it's completely gone to **** and I need to look for those bits all over again, there's no reason for them to be no transfer. I reset the textures, the prim is my own made, or if mesh the mesh is my own uploaded, no contents/scripts in there that aren't transfer, so for f*cks sake what's going on?!!?!?

1 answer to this question

Permissions give me as many headaches as they give most people.  The only thing I have ever found that helps is to always check the perms on an object and all of the contents of all child prims after I make any substantial change. If anything anywhere is set to less than full perm, the whole thing will be less than full perm.  (Also, remember that setting the perms on an object in your inventory doesn't count.  The perms are only set when the object is rezzed in world. That means, for example, that if you set an object to be No-Copy in your inventory and then give it to someone else without rezzing the object first, the next owner will be able to copy it as much as he likes until he rezzes it.)  My guess is that you are overlooking the perms on a child prim somewhere, or on a script or sound file or texture or anim that's in a child prim.  I can't count the number of times when I have had perm problems and could swear on a stack of Bibles that I checked everything .... and hadn't.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.