My shape isn't found but i was wearing it and still listed in inventory

Keira Rhapsody

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi Keira.

It sounds like a corrupted cache but then I've seen some residents with this issue say a clean install did not resolve the problem (although worth a shot first) and it's not a bake fail issue either I believe.

Are you using more than one viewer? The reason I ask is this possible fix, which Madam Martian says worked for her and her friend.

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/Failed-to-find-in-Database-ANSWER/m-p/1737597/highlight/true#M23840

Scroll down to the edit in red on that page.

if it's there after logging and loading finished, it was just a little hick up in the system during your login process.

At the minute the system needed the info from your inventory it wasn't there yet, but popped up a few seconds later, so it wasn't a real bug. If it happens more it might be a corrupted file as the other answer told you.

Everything you have in inventory exists on a database along with everything that has ever been made in SL.  What you have cached on your computer are copies of of the database items so it does not have to download your most commonly seen items every time.

The message you saw is because the shape was not found on the database.  You have the local cached copy for your viewer to use but for whatever reason, the asset servers did not find the shape in the database.

If it is just a one time it is nothing to worry about.  However, you might want to edit your shape and change a slider 1 point somewhere and save this as a new shape with a different name.  Just in case.

• Like 1

Do you have Iolo system mechanic installed on your computer?

This software can cause any shape you create or edit to go missing from the database.

If you do use this software, go into the NetBooster tool and select "Restore original settings" and the problem should be fixed. The shapes already missing from database can not be recovered however.

See these JIRA issues:

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.