I lost 70% of my clothes. The folders are there but on options with arrows to wear them or add them.

Darielha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I lost 70% of my clothes. The folders are there but they are empty and the present the option to be deleted to sent to the trash can. Some clothes, although they have the options with sizes etc have the add or wear options gray out. I have an alt in perfect conditions. The problem seems to be only for this account.

3 answers to this question

This is a problem of firestorm 64 the newest version. I had the same problem and i will try to explain to you how i fixed it (excuse my english i am french).

1/ i removed completly firestorm

2/ go in c:/ users / (your personnal folder, for example mine is called katalin) /  display / find "options" / show hidden folders / appdata / local / find a folder named firestorm OS 64 DO NOT DELETE IT but RENAME IT adding OLD at the end.

3/ Download and re-install one more time firestorm os 64

Normally all your inventory is back

For me it worked, i hope it will for you :)

Good luck !!

Partial inventory loss is a common problem, especially if your viewer crashes, especially if you use Firestorm.

Your inventory is stored on the Linden Labs servers but... your viewer keeps a local listing, when the viewer crashes or is closed unexpectedly for example, this locasl copy can be corrupted, and that means missing items, worn itens that cannot be unworn, un worn items that cannot be worn, etc.

Standard remedies depend on which viewer you are using, with Firestorm, see the other amswers already given, but otherwise, a good general procedure is:

1. Open preferences panel, and find your viewers settings for "clear viewer history" or failing that "clear cache", and then use it

2. Log out of SL, and then Log back in, don't ruch this let the viewer close properly, and reopen properly.

3. This *should* force the viewer to request a refreshed list of your inventory from the server. depending on your internet speed and the size of your inventory, this might take seconds to complete or several minutes, regardless, stand still preferably in a low lag empty region (bottom of the sea  on one of the sailing sims is a good choice) and WAIT for the list to finish loading. You can check progress by opening the inventory panel and watching the "fetching ????? items" messages at the top.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.